The Office of Legal Affairs, both at the campus and at the Office of General Counsel, provides legal advice to the Office of Research and Economic Development and others in the areas of human research protections, conflict of interest matters, industry-academic relations and related fraud and abuse and conflict of interest matters, and research integrity, including:
- providing support to UCR’s research administrative and compliance offices and the University’s designated Institutional Review Boards;
- interpretation of relevant federal regulations and guidelines;
- advising on the drafting, interpretation, and compliance with relevant University policies and procedures;
- advising on inquiries, investigations and audits conducted by the various compliance departments and/or committees; and
- advising on negotiations for certain research agreements including industry sponsored research agreements, clinical research agreements, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, non-disclosure agreements and research service agreements.